What is Premier Edition Cloud?
Welcome to Premier Edition Cloud (PEC)! This powerful Genesys solution allows you to create a fully operational basic virtual contact center in just minutes.
What Can I Do With PEC?
What's an IVR?
IVR is the hardware and software system that uses responses from a touch-tone telephone to gather and store data. It uses a recorded human voice to reply to user input and performs the following two basic functions:
- answering incoming calls
- obtaining information and instructions from a database
The IVR functionality consists of the following Genesys components:
What's an ACD?
ACD is the system that performs the following two basic functions:
- determining the best way to handle the call
- sending the call to the proper agent as soon as one is available
The ACD functionality consists of the following Genesys components:
- Non-User Interfaces
- Genesys Web Services (formerly known as Hosted Telephony Contact Center (HTCC))
- Engage (UI)
- Voice Machine
- Genesys Chat Server
- Genesys Email Server
- Management Framework Components
- Media Server (MCP)
- Orchestration Server
- SIP Server
- Universal Routing Server
There are add-on media channel options available for the inbound voice contact center, but they are not visible until activated.
- Chat — The Genesys Chat Server connects to your corporate website and the provided client widget sends and receives chats between your agents and your customer contacts. Agents use VCC Agent Desktop to handle chat interactions, but you can view the chat statistics in VCC Dashboard. See the VCC Dashboard Help for more information.
- Email — The Genesys Email Server connects to your corporate email server and pulls email messages from the account that is configured in your system. Agents use VCC Agent Desktop to handle email interactions, but you can view the email statistics in VCC Dashboard. See the Email Widget and the How do I use the Email Accounts view? topics in the VCC Dashboard Help for more information.
Supported Hardware and Browsers
The minimum hardware requirements that your agent and supervisor workstations must have is the following:
- Intel Core 2 Duo CPU 2.6 GHz, or similar with at least 2 cores
- 2 GB Memory
The following browsers are supported for agent and supervisor workstations:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 10 for VCC Dashboard
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 for VCC Agent Desktop and Gplus Adapters for Salesforce
- Google Chrome 38+
- Mozilla Firefox 34+
The amount of estimated bandwidth required per agent seat is:
- VCC Dashboard — 0.12 megabits (Mbps) per second
- VCC Agent Desktop — 0.08 megabits (Mbps) per second
Statistical Data Refresh Rates
PEC's default statistical data refresh rates are as follows. These refresh rates can also be configured per contact center:
|Statistics Information||Refresh Rate|
All object statistics (such as queues, skills, or users)
Refreshed every 10 seconds
Changes to queues caused by the creation or deletion of an ACD Page in CX Builder
Refreshed every 5 minutes
The list of skills in the contact center
Refreshed every 5 minutes, but changes only when a skill is created, deleted, or edited
ImportantIf an administrator adds/removes/updates a skill name, they see the change right away in their VCC Dashboard session, but it might take up to 5 minutes for the change to propagate to all other users.
The email and chat statistics in the Dashboard view
Refreshed every 5 minutes
In the rest of this chapter, we will learn more about the components that make up PEC: