Create a Softphone Layout
After you create your Salesforce call center, the Gplus Adapter is displayed as determined by the default softphone layout, which is Classic Mode.
If a softphone layout does not already exist, follow these steps to create one:
- Select Setup > Customize > CallCenter > SoftPhone Layouts.
- Select New.
- Type a Name for the software layout.
- Select options for the following components:
- Browser display
- Single matching record
- Multiple Matching record criteria
- Click Save.
Soft Phone settings and Premier IVR implementation
The following Premier IVR considerations affect the softphone settings:
- Case Data is the data that is delivered to the CTI adapter when a call is answered. This data is
collected within the IVR or from a back end database lookup through the IVR. The agent uses this data to identify the caller and call purpose.
- The screen pop is based on the name of the Case data variable in the ACD page in CX Builder. The
Variables prefixed with '"cti_"' are considered a string based search. The variables prefixed with '"id_"' are considered a database ID based search.
- If more than one variable is displayed with the cti_prefix, all variables with the cti_ prefix are
considered for the string based search or for the operation between the variables. If a variable has a null value it is not taken into account and is not displaced in the screen pop.
- For example: During a caller ID based lookup, the '"cti_Phone"' variable must be set in the IVR. When
doing an Account based lookup, the variable '“id_AccountID”' must be set.
A case data variable prefixed with cti_ is used to perform a string based search in Salesforce. If cti_ variable contains a value, then softphone layout settings are observed.
If doing a caller ID based lookup, the variable "cti_Phone" must be set in the IVR or if doing an Account based lookup, the variable “id_AccountID” must be set. This drives the soft phone setting.