Team Communicator is a universal lookup tool. You can use it to start phone calls and emails.
How do I start a call or an email message?
To start a voice call or an email interaction, just click in the Team Communicator and start typing information about who you want to call or email. The Team Communicator is a feature that lets you to find someone in your company's directory (an internal target) or someone from outside your company (like a contact) who has their information stored in the contact directory.
You can enter a name, part of a name, a phone number, or an email address into the Team Communicator field and immediately start a call or email message to that person. Your administrator might set up your system to restrict whom you can search for.
The Team Communicator is available in the following views:
Type a name or number in the field to begin your search. When you click in the field, the Team Communicator toolbar is displayed. As you type, the Team Communicator suggests known agents, contacts, and other resources. Click on the name of the person that you want to contact from the results list. You can still start an interaction with someone who is not in your company database by typing in the full telephone number or email address and then clicking the Call or Email button in the Action Menu beside the name or email address. The toolbar enables you to search for All contacts and internal targets or Recent internal targets. It also enables you to filter by contact or internal-target type, and to group or ungroup your search results.
In the Main View
The Main View contains the Team Communicator Quick Search field, which is a universal-lookup tool. This tool can search both the contact database and the internal-target directory. This toolbar enables you to search for:
- Search all: You can select from all matching internal targets and contacts. This selection does not affect the sort order.
- Show and search favorites: Click to show only contacts/address book targets that your administrator has provided as frequently called numbers outside of the contact center. The sort order is by category or type.
- Show and search recent: Select from the last 1 to 10 internal targets you have directly dialed or monitored. The sort order is by date.
- Filter by Type: Select the type to search: All Types, Agent, or Skill.
- Show/Hide Types: Select to show or hide types.
Using the Team Communicator Toolbar to Perform Searches
To perform a search:
- Select Team Communicator Quick Search field. A toolbar appears.
- Enter a name, telephone number, or other keywords in the field to begin your search.
How do I use favorites?
Typically, your favorites are team members or IVR transfer points that you contact frequently. Your supervisor or administrator creates or removes favorites.
To see your favorites, select (favorites filter) on the Team Communicator bar.
Favorites are marked with a (star). Use the filters and sorting options to change the types, categories, and order of your favorites.
Calling and Emailing
To launch a new interaction (external or internal call):
- Select a target or contact.
- Enter the name of an internal target (agent or skill), or a contact name, or a telephone number in the universal-lookup field. As you type, VCC Agent Desktop searches the internal target and contact databases and lists potential contacts and internal targets. If you are searching for an internal target, his or her status is displayed next to their name in the Team Communicator results list.
You can use the pop-up view to do the following:
- Filter and sort the list of search results.
- Perform actions on a selected contact for calling.
Launching a Call
- Select the Action Menu pop-up list next to the internal target or contact you want to find.
- Click Call .
- Click the floating pop-up containing the phone number. The Case Information dialog box appears.
Ending a Call
- Click End Call .
- Select a Disposition Code. This action depends on how your administrator configured your contact center
- Click Mark Done .
Filtering and Sorting the List of Search Results
Results are returned in a list that is sorted according to the scoring rules. In most cases, you can refine the search results by using the filtering features of the list view. For example, you can filter your search results so that only agents or queues are displayed.
The result types might include the following:
- All types
Filtering by Contact or Internal-Target Type
To filter your search results by contact or internal-target type:
- Click on the Select a type field.
- Select All Types, Agent, or Skill.
Your search results are then sorted by agent or skill:
– represents an agent
– represents a skill
Grouping or Ungrouping by Type
To group or ungroup your you search results by category or type:
- Click to show the categories or types.
- Click to hide the categories or types.