The Email Accounts view can be used to configure multiple email accounts to your corporate email server for routing email interactions to agents. You can add and delete your inbound email account yourself, as well as update passwords if they expire without having to contact your account representative.
Click Settings > Email Accounts to open this view. You can use this view to:
- add multiple email accounts
- edit an email account
- delete an email account
- specify your search by filtering for items, such as a port number or a skill
- sort through items, such as routing skills and ports
- If you're using Google for your email account, see the Configuring your Google email account section.
- Any existing email is pulled into VCC, so make sure your inbox is empty, or at least cleaned out of emails that you don't want to process.
- Since these channels are normally billed as seats, adding new email addresses doesn't impact your revenue.
Managing email accounts
How do I add email accounts?
You add new email accounts by clicking +Add to open the New Email Account dialog box:
In the New Email Account dialog box, enter the following information:
- Enter an account name into the Account Name field.
- Enter a password into the Password field.
- Enter the originating address of the email into the From address field.
- Select a routing skill from the Routing Skill drop-down list. By default, the agent skill level is set to 5. This routing skill matches the agent skill for email notifications.
- Enter a contact center inbound POP3 email server in the Server Domain field.
- Click the SSL checkbox to enable a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL).
Click Save to keep the changes or click Cancel to discard the changes.
- Non-ASCII language character sets (for example, Western European or East Asian languages) are not supported.
- Do not use the same email address to configure the POP3 email server as you use to log in as an administrator or as an agent.
How do I edit email accounts?
You can edit email accounts by clicking on the account name to open the Edit Email Account dialog box. Edit the information and click Save to keep the changes or click Cancel to discard the changes. See How do I add email accounts? for a description of the fields found in this dialog box.
How do I delete email accounts?
How do I use the filter?
You can use the filter tool to quickly find a specific item in the list of email accounts by clicking in the Filter Items field and typing the name of the item. Click the check box beside the name to select the item.
How do I sort through items?
Click to sort through account names, routing skills, ports, or domains in the main Email Accounts view.
Configuring your Google email account
If you're using Google for your new email account, you should enable the following settings before saving your new email account in VCC Dashboard:
Configuring your POP Download settings
- Log into your Google account and click the gear icon in the upper right-hand corner, then click Settings:
- Click Enable POP for all mail and click Save Changes:
Configuring your Sign-in & Security settings
- While still logged into your Google account, click the drop-down icon to access your account information:
- Click My Account to open your account information and then click Sign-in & Security:
- Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Connected apps & Sites. Find Allow less secure apps and move the slider to On: