Configuring your Call Center Definition File
The Call Center Definition .xml file is a configuration file that is used to define a set of parameters that enables the Adapter. Installing this .xml file provides you with more control in managing your Salesforce call center. Importing the Call Center Definition .xml file is only necessary when upgrading to a new version.
Downloading the Call Center Definition .XML File
To download the Call Center Definition .xml file and save on your computer:
- Click here to download the lastest zipped version of the Call Center Definition .xml file.
- Save the file into a clean folder on your computer where you can locate it afterwards.
- Extract the files by right-clicking on the zipped file and selecting Extract Here.
Importing the Call Center Definition .XML File
To import the Call Center Definition .xml file into the salesforce.com instance:
- Log into Salesforce.com with your administrator credentials to open the Home page.
- Click Setup, found under the User menu drop-down list below your user name in the top right-hand corner to open the Force.com page.
- From the App Setup section on the left-hand side of the screen, click Customize to open the customization options.
- Click Call Center > Call Centers to open the All Call Centers page.
- Click Import.
- Click Choose File to browse to the .xml file that you saved on your computer.
- Click Import to import the .xml file. The Call Center Detail screen opens. From this screen you can edit, delete, clone the .xml file. You can also manage the call center users from this screen as well.
- (Optional) Click Cancel to stop this import.