New in This Release
This section describes the new configuration and/or installation procedures in Outbound Contact. For a complete list of new features and improvements for each release, see the Outbound Contact 8.1.x Release Notes on the Outbound product page.
See the Outbound Contact page in the Genesys Supported Operating Environment Reference for detailed information about the supported operating environments, databases, supported versions, and any conditions or limitations for Outbound Contact.
New Features in Release 8.1.5
- Starting with 8.1.517.04:
- OCS provides the ability to handle an outbound call (drop or connect) on a particular device when the call is placed in any auto-dialing mode and Answering Machine (AM) is detected. A new configuration option am-drop-field controls the AM handling logic.
- OCS submits a set of real-time statistics related to the Campaign Group and its Calling Lists in the Campaign Group State POST HTTP notifications. See Campaign Group Status Reporting for details.
- Starting with 8.1.516.04, OCS supports custom security-related headers sent by the OCS HTTP Server in HTTP responses. See Outbound Contact and HTTP Server for details.
- Starting with 8.1.512.00, OCS supports Campaign Group Status Reporting, by which OCS can send data about Campaign Groups status changes to a Web or Application Server via an HTTP POST request. The request is sent whenever a Campaign Group reports one of the following status changes:
- Campaign Group loaded
- Campaign Group started
- Campaign Group stopped
- Campaign Group unloaded
- Campaign Group dial mode change
- OCS can also periodically send data about active Campaign Groups, with a user-configurable time interval.
- Starting with 8.1.510.05, the Time-Optimized Predictive Algorithm supports the new predictive_min_overdial_rate option that defines a new threshold for the overdial rate, below which the dialing mode switches from Progressive back to Predictive Dialing.
- Starting with 8.1.507.07, OCS supports the Progressive Multiplier functionality (also known as "lines per agent"). This feature is supported for Progressive and Progressive with Seizing dialing modes and is configured using the new pa-progressive-multiplier option.
- Starting with 8.1.505.09, OCS supports Direct Push Preview dialing mode.
- Improved flexibility in overdialed calls processing for ASM modes in VoIP environments:
- For Progressive ASM and Predictive ASM dialing modes in VoIP environments, OCS now provides the on-asm-overdriveoption option to transfer overdialed outbound calls (calls that can’t be immediately bridged to engaging calls) to a Voice Transfer Destination DN. OCS also marks these calls with a distinct attached key-value pair so that the routing strategy can distinguish them from other calls.
- Starting with 8.1.510.05, OCS supports the following new HTTP requests using the campaigngroup resource, as follows:
- Launch—Load and start an unloaded Campaign Group, or start an active (loaded or stopped) Campaign Group.
- Stage—Load an unloaded Campaign Group, or stop the Campaign Group currently running.
- Complete—Stop and unload the Campaign Group currently running, or unload the active Campaign Group.
- Improvements to treatments for Apply to Call actions:
- OCS now allows the use of traditional (non-SCXML) treatments to configure Apply to Call actions for scenarios when OCS dials outbound calls using T-Server for Avaya TSAPI and an answering machine is detected.
- Changes to OCS option descriptions:
- The value of the http-response-timeout option is now displayed in seconds.