New in This Release
This section describes the new configuration and/or installation procedures in Outbound Contact.
New Features in Release 8.1.3
- New Database Support:
- PostgreSQL DBMS, release 9.
- The Safe Dialing feature has been added to protect outbound dialing from abnormal overdialing caused by incorrect configuration or routing.
- The pa-safe-dialing configuration option has been added to support this feature.
- Engaging the most suitable agent by using user-defined fields of a calling list records has been added for the Assured Connection functionality.
- Improvements to Agent Assignment:
New Features in Release 8.1.2
- New Predictive GVP Dialing Mode with new Average Distribution Time Optimization Parameter
- This dialing mode is optimized for automated self-service outbound call processing via VXML applications with a fraction of outbound calls reaching agents for assisted service. The new Average Distribution Time parameter enables the user to control how long outbound calls requiring assisted service wait in the queue until there is an agent available for assistance. See Mode Predictive GVP Dialing Mode.
- New Maximum Gain Optimization Method for Predictive Dialing Modes
- The Maximum Gain optimization method dynamically predicts the optimal dialing pace to maximize the total gain of a Campaign Group on the basis of a given ratio of benefit-per-established-call to loss-per-abandoned-call. See Predictive Algorithm for Pacing Based on Gain/Loss Criteria.
- Support for New Operating System
- OCS is now supported natively on 64-bit Red Hat Enterprise (RHE) Linux 6 64-bit native.
- OCS is now supported natively on 64-bit Red Hat Enterprise (RHE) Linux 5.
- Support for Opt-out from Subsequent Outbound Calls in ASM Modes
- A call recipient can now opt-out from any further outbound calls in ASM mode, both when dialing with CPD Server and with SIP Server in a VoIP environment. This feature addresses legislative requirements and enables call recipients to opt-out by pressing certain buttons on the touch tone phone if there are no agents available to speak to them. See Using the Opt-Out Feature With SIP Server in VoIP Environments and Using the Opt-Out Feature With CPD Server.
- Customizable Counters for Calling List-related Real-time Reporting
- Ability to define up to five custom counters for Calling List related real-time reporting, and to re-define existing counters (such as number of total records and number of ready records). These customizations are done by redefining OCS reporting-related stored procedures. See Customized Stored Procedures for Calling List and Campaign Objects.
- Flexibility in Processing Callbacks and Rescheduled Records by Arbitrary Campaigns
- Ability to omit verification of the Campaign DBID when retrieving callbacks and rescheduled records for a particular Campaign Group. See Omitting Verification of the Campaign DBID for Callbacksand Rescheduled Records Retrieval.
- Flexibility in Handling of Web or Application Server Connection Failure During Pre-dial Validation
- The validation-timeout-call-result option now also defines the call result assigned to a record in scenarios when the Web Application Server cannot be connected for pre-dial validationvalidation-timeout-call-result.
- Ability to Specify CPN Digits per Calling List without Using SCXML
- The CPNDigits option is now supported by OCS at the Calling List configuration object level, in addition to the Campaign Group and OCS Application levels. See CPNDigits.
- Enhanced Security Features:
- Ability to use the tag option to hide sensitive information contained in logs.
- Support for Transport Layer Security (TLS).
- Compliance with Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS).
Refer to the Genesys Security Deployment Guide for more information about these features.
New Features in Release 8.1.1
- Enhancements for compliance with regulatory requirements:
- OCS now enables the following:
- Provide an outbound campaign administrator with an automated way to collect the data necessary to reasonably estimate the Answering Machine Detection (AMD) false positive and false negative rates.
- Ability to automatically include the AMD false positive rate in the calculations of the Abandoned rate and the Overdial rate for Predictive campaigns.
- Ability to calculate the Abandoned Rate over a fixed period of time (24 hours).
- OCS now enables the following:
See OCS Feature Compliance with Regulatory Requirements for more information.
- Guaranteed connection of calls in Predictive or Progressive dialing mode in a Voice Over IP environment:
- When running a campaign in Progressive or Predictive mode in a VoIP Environment, OCS now allows users to configure which outbound calls are to be dialed with a guaranteed connection to an agent. This is very useful when contacting high value customers, and for regulatory compliance. See Assured Connection for more information.
- Detection of answering machine final beep:
- CPD Server used with DM3 boards or with HMP software can now detect the final beep following an answering machine greeting on a call. This ensures that a voice message left on the customer's answering machine device is recorded from the beginning and not truncated. See Answering Machine Final Beep Detection for more information.
- Support for Display Name on a Per-Campaign Group or Per-Record Basis when Dialing with SIP Server:
- OCS now allows the user to define a Display Name (in addition to CPN Digits) on a per-Campaign Group and per-record basis when dialing with SIP Server, or with CPD Server in HMP transfer mode. See Display Name on a Per-campaign Basis for more information.
- Enhanced support for Caller ID and Display Name:
- CPD Server can now deliver Caller ID and Display Name to SIP Server in HMP transfer mode (as configured by the CPN Digits and CPN Display Name OCS settings). The Caller ID and Display Name information is then passed on further by SIP Server, so that it appears on the customer's phone display. See Configuring Caller ID on a Per-Record Basis using HMP in Transfer Mode for more information.
- Configurable parameters of audit log file:
- Audit trail logging now allows the configuration of the path and filename, expiration time or size, and segmentation limit; these parameters are no longer hardcoded. See Configuration of Audit Logging for more information.
- Support for a host with multiple Network Interface Cards (NIC) on board:
- CPD Server used with HMP software is now capable of properly supporting a host with multiple NICs on board. See sip-local-address for more information.
New Features in Release 8.1.0
- Outbound Schedules enable automatic control of dialing sessions:
- Outbound Schedules enable you to automate periodical runs (daily, weekly, or monthly) of dialing sessions. Each Schedule can be configured to begin and complete at a specific time. A set of commands (for example, load, start, set dialing mode) can be defined for each dialing session that is a part of the Schedule. The Schedule automatically executes each command when the condition associated with the command is met. Conditions can be based on time of the day, time intervals, statistical values, and statuses of dialing sessions.
- Increased agent efficiency with Agent Assignments:
- Agents can now be reassigned to other activities when the dialing session they are currently assigned to lacks ports for dialing and/or lacks calling records.
- On-demand agent reassignment to handle inbound activity:
- Agents assigned to outbound activities can now be temporarily reassigned to handle inbound traffic on-demand, based on a request from a URS strategy. This enables flexible reallocation of agent resources in the contact center based on rules defined in the strategy (for example, when inbound traffic increases).
- Automatic rereads of Do Not Call Lists
- OCS can be configured to periodically reread the Do Not Call lists at a specified time of day and a specified frequency. This enables automatic synchronization of OCS with the Do Not Call lists in case these lists have been modified by an external entity.
- Improved security with HTTPS support in HTTP Proxy
- OCS now supports the HTTPS protocol when acting as an HTTP Server.
- Enhancement for the Predictive algorithm for small groups of agents
- OCS can now exclude current outbound calls with long dialing durations from pacing calculations when using the Advanced Small Group predictive algorithm. This enables further improvement in the performance of predictive dialing for small groups of agents.
- SCXML treatment enhancements
- OCS can now set mandatory and user-defined fields in records from within an SCXML treatment. OCS can also pass an arbitrary key-value pair defined in an SCXML treatment in the Extensions attribute of the outbound call request.
- Support for call result Silence when dialing via SIP Server.
- For Outbound Voice over IP implementations using 8.1 SIP Server, support for the call result Silence enables you to configure OCS either to drop or connect a call with the Silence call result. OCS can also process Silence in the same way as any other call result (that is, store it in the calling list and optionally apply a treatment).