Prepare the Genesys Rules System for the ACME Sample
- In Genesys Administrator or Configuration Manager, create a Script object that will serve as the connection profile to allow GRAT to connect to your iWD configuration database. This is required for several rule parameters included in the iWD 8.5 Standard Rules Template, such as capturePoint. The Script must be created under the Environment tenant because that is where the iWD Standard Rules Template will be migrated to, since it is coming from the System tenant in the iWD configuration database.
Under the Environment tenant, create a new Script object of type Data Collection. Give the Script object a meaningful name such as iWD Manager DB Connection Profile. On the Annex tab of the Script object, add a single section called database. In that section, add four options with the following values:
- driver—JDBC driver used by your database server. For example, for Microsoft SQL Server 2005 this might be:
- url—JDBC url to connect to the iWD configuration database. For example, for Microsoft SQL Server, the URL to connect to a database called IWD_CONFIG on the host name mcr810iwd might be:
Refer to your database server documentation for the exact syntax.
- username—Username of database server user with access to the iWD configuration database
- password—Password of database server user
Save the Script. If you are in a multi-tenant Configuration Server environment, switch to your child tenant. Create an identical iWD Manager DB Connection Profile object in the child tenant‘s Scripts folder.
- Launch the Genesys Rules Development Tool (GRDT). If you have not already done so, import the iWD Standard Rules Template (iWD_Standard_Rules) and the Acme Rules Template (iWD_ACME_Rules). These are provided in the form of Eclipse projects, that you are importing into the GRDT workspace. The iWD Standard Rules Template can be found on your file system, inside a ruleTemplates directory where the iWD Manager supporting files were installed. The Acme Rules Template can be found inside the acme\ruleTemplates directory where the iWD Manager supporting files were installed. The two projects will appear in the GRDT Project Explorer view.
- Right-click on each of the two rule template projects and select Properties. Navigate to Template Properties and ensure that the iWD_Standard_Rules project is associated with the Environment tenant, and the iWD_ACME_Rules project is associated with the ACME tenant, or whatever the appropriate child tenant is in Configuration Server (if you using a multi-tenant Configuration Server). Click OK to save the changes on each.
- Open the parameters node of the iWD_Standard_Rules project. Double-click the capturePoint rule parameter. For the Profile name property, select the iWD Manager DB Connection Profile created earlier, if it is not already selected. Save the parameter.
- Check that templates with the names iWD_Standard_Rules and iWD_ACME_Rules do not already exist in the GRS repository in other tenants. If they exist, rename the template(s) in GRDT before publishing, and update the acme_grat.xml file before importing in GRAT by changing the template name(s) in this line:
<TemplateNamesAndVersions>iWD_ACME_Rules ,iWD_Standard_Rules_ACME </TemplateNamesAndVersions>
- Publish both the iWD_Standard_Rules and the iWD_ACME_Rules project to the GRS repository.