Basic Use-Case Summary
The purpose of this user's guide is to enable you to learn the basic functionality of Workspace. See the Workspace 8.5 Help for more details about each user-interface component. To access the context-sensitive Help from any window in the Workspace interface, open the Help menu, or press the F1 key on your keyboard.
This section summarizes the high-level steps that you might follow to handle a voice interaction.
To begin these role privileges your system must meet the following requirements:
- The Workspace ClickOnce application is installed on your local web server.
- The Workspace ClickOnce application is installed on your workstation.
- You are configured as an agent.
- Your workstation operating system is Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8.
Starting the Application and Handling an Inbound Interaction
Use a Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 or higher web browser to launch the Workspace bootstrap application. This bootstrap application enables you to login to your system and download the Workspace application.
- Double-click the Workspace icon on your desktop to start the Workspace application.
- Log in to the system (see Lesson: Logging in to Workspace).
- Enter your additional authentication information.
- Enter a media channel, or select one from the list.
- In the Main Window set your status to Ready (see Lesson: Going Ready in the Workspace Main window).
- Accept inbound interactions that are routed to you. See:
- Lesson: Handling an inbound voice interaction
- Lesson: Handling a web callback interaction
- Lesson: Receiving an Instant Messaging session
- Lesson: Handling an inbound e-mail interaction
- Lesson: Handling an inbound chat interaction
- Lesson: Handling an inbound SMS interaction
- Lesson: Handling an inbound workitem interaction
- Lesson: Handling a predictive or progressive Outbound-Campaign voice interaction
- Handle each inbound interaction. This step can include any or all of the following functions:
- Start a voice, IM or chat consultation (see Lesson: Starting a voice conference or Lesson: Starting a chat consultation).
- Transfer the call (see Lesson: Starting a voice transfer).
- Conference the call (see Lesson: Starting a voice conference).
- Update the Contact History (see Managing Contact History).
- Update the Notepad (see Managing Contact History).
- Send or receive an internal Instant Message (IM) (see Instant Messaging Overview).
- Employ a Standard Response (see Inserting a Standard Response into an E-Mail Interaction).
- Complete the interaction.
- If required, enter a disposition code (see Assigning Disposition Codes).
- Click Mark Done.
- Complete any required aftercall work.
- Click the close box to close the corresponding Interaction window.
- Set your status to Ready (see Lesson: Going Ready in the Workspace Main window).
- View your Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) or the KPI status of your group (see Lesson: View KPIs And Statistics).
- After you have completed all of your tasks for the day, select Log Out from the Main Menu.