A workbin is like a personal queue, in which you can store e-mails and other interactions (workitems) to be handled later; however, unlike with a queue, interactions that are stored in a workbin can be accessed in any order; interactions can be assigned to agents, places, agent groups, or place groups. Items that are stored in a workbin are owned by the owner of the workbin.
Interactions are placed in workbins in different ways: by routing strategies, by saving in-progress interactions (interactions that are not marked as done), or by a Team Lead who manually moves interactions.
To open the Workbin view from the Main Window, click the Access and use Workspace supporting views button () to display the Supporting Views menu, then select one of the following Workbin views:
- My Workbins
- My Team Workbins
- My Interaction Queues
The list of available workbins depends on the configuration of your system.
The Workbins view comprises three areas:
- Workbins Explorer—Enables you to select workbin folders from your personal workbins and your shared workbins. For agents who are configured as Team Leads, you can change the explorer view to the following views:
- My Workbins—For all agents, a view of your personal workbins.
- My Team Workbins—For Team Leads, a view of all of the workbins that belong to agents that you supervise.
- My Interaction Queues—For Team Leads, a filtered view of your queues and workbins.
- Workbin view—Lists all of the interactions that are stored in the selected workbins; includes information about the status of the interaction; enables you to sort, search, and perform actions on interactions
- Workbin interaction information—Enables you to view the Details tab, the Notes tab, and the Case Data tab for the selected interaction
[+] Workbin View
[+] Interaction Information