Viewing Broadcast Messages
Workspace enables agents to receive messages that are sent simultaneously (broadcast) to multiple contact center parties. You must use an application that can publish messages, associated by topic, to a common communication DN. Workspace employs a simple protocol based on communication DN and provisioning to enable this functionality.
Agents can be provisioned to receive messages that are addressed, by topic, to a property of the agent, a property of an agent group, or a property of a role (see the Procedure: Enabling agents to view Broadcast Messages).
Messages are displayed to agents by an Interactive Notification that is similar to the new interaction Interactive Notification. An audio alert can be configured to alert agents when a new broadcast message arrives. Messages are also displayed in the Workspace Main Window as a summary table in the Messages drop-down area. If the agent opens the message, a detailed view is displayed. If the agent uses the Gadget view, messages are displayed in a message gadget.
A broadcast protocol message is defined by the following attributes:
- Message — The content of the message.
- Sender — The identity of the sender.
- Message Type — The type of message, such as Error, Information, Notification, and so on.
- Subject — The subject of the message (optional).
- Priority — The relative importance of the broadcast message. The following subcategories are predefined; however, you can also configure your own values:
- Date — The date sent, in local time of the agent.
- Topic — To which topic the message was sent.
- Custom Data — Any custom data included with the message.
Use the following protocol on your supervisor client configuration:
IWS_Message IWS_Sender IWS_MessageType IWS_Subject IWS_Priority IWS_Date (RFC1123 pattern.) IWS_Topic IWS_CustomData
The following is an example of a UserEvent configuration:
Event:EventUserEvent Server:65200 ReferenceID:7 CustomerID:Resources ThisDN:BroadcastDN UserData: (Str) IWS_Subject Coffee Break (Int) IWS_Priority 3 (Str) IWS_Message Please take your coffee break NOW !!! (Str) IWS_Date Thu, 11 Feb 2010 16:15:16 GMT (Str) IWS_Topic Agent4 (Str) IWS_Sender Ministrator (Str) IWS_MessageType Error Seconds:1265904964 USeconds:234000 Server Time:11/02/2010@17:16:04.234
You can use the following options in the interaction-workspace section to configure Broadcast Messaging:
- broadcast.color.xxx-priority — Specifies the Hexidecimal-color code of the border of the Message view frames for messages that have the xxx priority.
- broadcast.displayed-columns — Specifies the attribute columns that are displayed in the Broadcast Message window and the item tooltip in the My Messages tab/window.
- broadcast.dn — The name of the DN and switch that is used for broadcasting. Use the following value format: DN@switch
- broadcast.mark-read-timeout — Specifies the duration after which a message, as a tooltip, is considered to be read.
- broadcast.message-content — Specifies the attributes that are displayed in the Broadcast Message window and the item tooltip in the My Messages tab/window.
- broadcast.preview-timeout — Specifies the duration after which a message preview is closed.
- broadcast.sound.xxx-priority — Specifies the sound configuration string for messages that have priority xxx.
- broadcast.subscribed.topics — Specifies the list of subscription topics.
- broadcast.toast-summary — Specifies the attributes that are displayed in the Interactive Notification.
- broadcast.value-business-attribute — Specifies the name of the Business Attribute that contains the Attribute Values that are used as an enumerated value for a custom attribute of message.
Message types can be customized by adding the following lines to the Genesyslab.Desktop.Modules.Windows.en-US.xml dictionary file:
<Value Id="Broadcast.MessageType.System" String="System"/> <Value Id="Broadcast.MessageType.Error" String="Error"/> <Value Id="Broadcast.MessageType.Information" String="Information"/> <Value Id="Broadcast.MessageType.Internal Note" String="Internal Note"/>
The value that is set in the String property is displayed as the message type.