There are two media types that you can configure in the Configuration Server Manager Media Type business attribute. You can set the following media types:
- sms — Use this media type to enable page mode (single message inbound and reply).
- smssession — Use this media type to enable session mode (multiple message "chat"-like session).
In page mode, messages are handled individually. A contact sends a message, the agent handles the message (replies or forwards it), and the SMS interaction view is closed.
In session mode, a keyword is sent by the contact that indicates that the SMS is to be part of a chat-like session. Multiple SMS messages are exchanged between an agent and a contact in a single interface.
In addition to the keyword, session mode also functions when the SMS is sent to a specific, pre-configured inbound phone number.
Workspace employs the following privileges for all SMS interactions:
- Can Use SMS — Enables access to the SMS channel.
- Can Decline SMS — Enables the agent to decline an SMS interaction.
- Can One Step Transfer — Enables the agent to transfer an SMS interaction.
- Can Set Interaction Disposition — Enables the agent to set a disposition for an SMS interaction.
- Can Create SMS — Enbles the agent to create a new SMS interaction.
You use the following options in the interaction-workspace section to configure the channel to handle SMS interactions:
- openmedia.bundle.sms — Specifies the list of media-types (SMS page mode and SMS Session mode) that are used to implement the SMS channel.
- login.sms.can-unactivate-channel — Specifies whether the agent can select and unselect (activate and deactivate) the SMS channel.
- login.sms.is-auto-ready — Specifies whether the SMS channel is automatically in the ready state at login.
- sms.ringing-bell — Specifies the path to the sound file that is played when an sms message is received.
You can use the following intercommunication options in the interaction-workspace section to configure the routing of SMS interactions:
- intercommunication.sms.routing-based-targets — Specifies the list of targets that are contacted through the Routing Base feature mechanism for the requests that are defined in the option intercommunication.sms.routing-based-actions.
- intercommunication.sms.routing-based-actions — Specifies the list of routing-based actions that an agent may perform.
- intercommunication.sms.queue — Specifies the name of the queue that is used by the Routing Base feature.
You can use the following options in the interaction-workspace section to configure SMS interactions:
- sms.toast-information-key — Enables the display of Contact information in the interaction notification. These options defines the attached data that are displayed.
- sms.max-message-number — Specifies the maximum number of SMS that are considered to be part of a single message.
- sms.agent.text-color — Specifies the color of the text of the messages that are entered by an agent in the SMS interaction view.
- sms.agent.prompt-color — Specifies the color of the prompt for the messages that are entered by an agent in the SMS interaction view.
- sms.other-agent.text-color — Specifies the color of the text entered by another agent in the SMS interaction view.
- sms.other-agent.prompt-color — Specifies the color of the prompt for the messages that are entered by the target agent in the SMS interaction view.
- sms.client.text-color — Specifies the color of the text received by a contact in the SMS interaction view.
- sms.client.prompt-color — Specifies the color of the prompt for the messages entered by a contact in the SMS interaction view.
- sms.time-stamp — Specifies whether the time stamp is displayed in the SMS transcript area.
- sms.auto-answer — Specifies whether an SMS interaction is accepted automatically when an Interaction Server Invite event is received.
- sms.default-queue — Specifies the Interaction Queue to which a new or reply outbound SMS is submitted.
- sms.outbound-queue — Specifies the Interaction Queue to which outbound SMS are moved when an agent clicks Send. This option is used only when the Interaction Workflow does not specify the Queue for New Interactions when Inbound SMS are being routed to an agent.
- sms.from-numbers-business-attribute — Specifies the business attributes that contain the attribute values that are used as an enumerated value for the From number of an SMS interaction.
- sms.transcript-time-frame — Specifies the range of time in which to search for previous interactions by the same contact.
- sms.subject-max-chars — Specifies the maximum number of characters from an SMS message that are used to create the message subject if the SMS does not contain a subject.