These topics contain procedures that demonstrate how to configure frequently used Workspace functionality. Many of the procedures in this section are applicable to more than one privilege. For example, the procedure, Provisioning Workspace for the Voice Channel provides the general principles for connecting to a media channel.
You can create a configuration that is segmented by tenants or groups. Instead of creating your configurations at the Environment level, assign the settings of each
Workspace module to a tenant, agent group, or agent. For more information, see Configuration And Administration By Using Options And Annexes.
The following task table provides an overview of how to configure agents to use Workspace.
Refer to Framework 8.1 Genesys Administrator Help and Genesys Administrator Deployment Guide for detailed information on how to use Genesys Administrator and Management Framework to configure access permissions.
Configuring Agents to Use Workspace
||Related Procedure and Actions
| Set up agents on the system
- Creating a Role and allowing an Workspace privilege and assigning a Role to an agent or agent group
- Optimizing the Login Window
- Provisioning Workspace for the Voice channel
- Declaring and using new Not-Ready Reason codes
| Enable internal and external communications
- Enabling an agent to use the Workspace Desktop Edition SIP Endpoint
- Enabling an agent to use the SIP Preview feature
- Enabling an agent to use Team Communicator to call/transfer to an agent group or a skill
- Enabling an agent to use Team Communicator to call a contact
- Enabling an agent to use Outbound Campaign functionality call to a contact
- Enabling an agent to use E-Mail to correspond with a contact
- Enabling an agent to use Chat to chat with a contact
- Enabling an agent to use SMS to exchange SMS with a contact
- Enabling an agent to use Workitems to handle open media types
- Enabling an agent to use agent, place, agent group, or place group Workbins
- Enabling agents to use Instant Messaging
- Enabling an agent to use disposition codes
- Enabling agents to manage contact history
- Configuring the Workspace application to enable an agent to edit case information
- Enabling agents to use the Standard Responses Library (SRL)
- Enabling agents to view Broadcast Messages
- Enabling agents to be Team Leads
| Enable agents to view KPIs and contact center statistics
- Enabling an agent to view My Statistics (KPIs)
- Enabling an agent to view Contact Center Statistics (Object Metrics)
- Enabling an agent to view My Statistics (KPIs) and Contact Center Statistics in the Statistics Gadget
| Enable agents to manage contacts
- Enabling agents to manage contacts
- Configuring the Workspace application and Universal Contact Server to enable custom contact attributes
| Modify a routing strategy to override Workspace options, based on attached data
- Modifying a Routing Strategy to override an Workspace option, based on attached data
This page was last modified on May 30, 2014, at 07:05.