Overriding Workspace Options
Modifying A Routing Strategy To Override Workspace Options Based On Attached Data
Refer to Framework 8.1 Genesys Administrator Help and Genesys Administrator Deployment Guide for detailed information about how to use Genesys Administrator and Management Framework to configure access permissions.
Modifying a Routing Strategy to override a Workspace option based on attached data
Purpose: To override previously defined configuration options by using a Routing Strategy.
A Routing Strategy can be used to override configuration options that you have defined by using the hierarchies described in Configuration And Administration By Using Options And Annexes.
Workspace uses Transaction Objects of type object list. Attach a transaction name or list of transaction names to the interaction in your strategy. The transaction names in the list should be separated by commas. Workspace reads the transaction objects at rendering time to override the static options.
Overriding options enables you to change the appearance of interactions per line of business based on a key-value pair that is defined in the annex of Transaction objects. The attached data contains the name of the transaction object(s) to be used for the interaction.
- Deploying Workspace
- Strategy that routes to your Workspace agent workstations.
- Configure one or more Transaction objects, of type list, in Genesys Administrator or Composer, by using the standard approach that is used for other object types in the hierarchy (these rely on the option reference to determine if a particular option can be overridden in a Transaction).
You can only override options in the interaction-workspace section. Therefore, you must replicate the interaction-workspace section to the annex of the object level where you want the override to occur (Tenant, Group, User, or Transaction).
- Configure the option interaction.override-options to define the key where the Transaction object(s) are to be listed in attached data (refer to the Interaction configuration option reference for a list of Interaction options and a description of how to configure them).
- Using either IRD or Composer, edit your routing strategy by adding an "Attach" or "Multi-attach" block that attaches the key value pair that is defined below:
- key — The name of the key that you defined in the option set in Step 2.
- value — One or several comma-separated Transaction objects, as defined in Step 1.