Outbound Campaign Interactions
Workspace supports the following campaign types:
- Preview — Contacts are retrieved manually by the agent and dialed manually by the agent. These are low volume/high value campaigns, in which campaign calls are made by using a preset calling list for a specific campaign.
- Push Preview — Contacts are retrieved automatically by the campaign, but the agent dials the call manually. These are low volume/high value value campaigns, in which campaign calls are made by using a preset calling list. Agents are provided with a preview of the call, and then can either have the opportunity to accept it, or to reject it and return it to the top of the queue or discard the record.
- Progressive — Contacts are retrieved and dialed automatically by the campaign. These are low volume/high value campaigns, in which outbound calls are directed to the agent desktop.
- Predictive — Contacts are retrieved and dialed automatically by the campaign. These are high volume/low value campaigns, in which outbound calls are directed to the agent desktop.
- Active Switching Matrix (ASM) — Contacts are retrieved and dialed automatically by the campaign, like Progressive and Predictive, but the agent is connected immediately to the contact.
Workspace employs the following Outbound privileges for all outbound campaign voice interactions:
- Can Use — Enables access to the Outbound Campaign functions
- Can Cancel Record — Enables agents to decline a preview record so that it is not processed during the current campaign.
- Can Dial Alternative Chained Record — Enables agents to dial a number from the preview record chain that is different from the number selected by the system.
- Can Edit Record Data — Enables agents to edit the outbound record fields that are configured as editable.
- Can Get Next Preview Record — Enables agents to request a new preview record while terminating the processing of the previous record.
- Can Mark Do Not Call — Enables agents to mark a contact as Do Not Call.
- Can Reject Record — Enables agents to decline a preview record and redirect it back to the queue to be processed by another agent in the campaign.
- Can Reschedule — Enables agents to reschedule an outbound record of an active call for callback at a different date and/or time.
- Can Reschedule Before Call — Enables agents to reschedule an outbound record of an Outbound Preview for callback at a different date and/or time. The Can Reschedule privilege must be enabled for this privilege to be active.
- Can Reschedule On New Number — Enables agents to reschedule an outbound record using a new number. This action results in a new record being added to the chain.
- Can Set Call Result — Enables agents to set a call result for the outbound record.
- Can Set Interaction Disposition — Enables agent to set a disposition code for Outbound interactions.
Interaction Workspace also enables privileges for Outbound Push Preview campaigns interactions:
- Can Use Push Preview — Enables agents to actively participate in Outbound Push Preview campaigns.
To ensure that this feature behaves correctly in Workspace, you must configure the send_attribute key-value pair as specified in the Outbound Reference Guide. For example, where the Outbound Reference Guide recommends that you set the field name to GSW_UNTIL or GSW_FROM, consider setting those values to GSW_UNTIL or GSW_FROM only. To set an alternative display name in the agent facing interface, you can use the display-name key-value as described in the table MFW Field Configuration for the interaction-workspace section.
|Option||Valid Values||Default Value||Description|
|display-type||bool, enum||(none)|| |
Defines the type of the outbound field to be displayed on the Workspace side.
If set to enum, the outbound field possible values will be displayed in a combo box. In this case, the list of possible values is
defined in the enum.business-attribute option.
If set to bool, the outbound field value will be displayed as a checkbox.
enum and bool display types are taken into account only if the outbound field data type is char or varchar
If this option is not set, the outbound field is displayed either as a string, or as an integer, or as a Date, or as a float, according to the outbound field data type.
|read-only||true, false||true (for system fields), false (for user-defined fields)||Specifies whether this outbound field can be modified|
|display-name||any string||(none)|| |
Defines the name that is displayed for this outbound field on the Workspace side. If this option is not set, the outbound field is displayed by using the send_attribute value.
|display||true, false||true|| |
Defines if the outbound field is displayed or not on the Workspace side. This option is used in addition to the creation of the send_attribute. If the send_attribute is defined, use this option to hide the outbound field.
|bool.true-value||any string||true||Defines the string that corresponds to 'true'. Used only if display_type is set to bool|
|bool.false-value||any string||false||Defines the string that corresponds to 'false'. Used only if display_type is set to bool|
|enum.business-attribute||(link to business attributes)||(none)|| Link to business attributes that define the enum value. Used only if display_type is set to enum. By default the items are sorted alphabetically in this list. To move some or all of these fields to the top of the list, you can use the order option. Create this option in the annex of the Business Attribute object that contains the list of values:
|int.min-value||integer||0||Minimum value accepted. Used only if the outbound field data type is int|
|int.max-value||integer||2147483647||Maximum value accepted. Used only if the outbound field data type is int|
|float.min-value||float||0||Minimum value accepted. Used only if the outbound field data type is float|
|float.max-value||float||3.40282347E+38||Maximum value accepted. Used only if the outbound field data type is float|
Next, you must configure the send_attribute key-value pair as specified in the Outbound Reference Guide for the calling list. To set an alternative display name in the agent facing interface, you can use the outbound.fields.order key-value as described in the table MFW Calling List Configuration for the interaction-workspace section.
|Option||Valid Values||Default Value||Description|
|outbound.fields.order||A comma-separated list of Outbound fields, identified by the value of the key send_attribute that is configured in section OCServer or default in the annex of the Field object.||""||Defines the order in which the outbound fields are sorted in the outbound data area. The fields that are not listed in this option are listed after the sorted fields, retaining their default sorting as specified by OCS.|
You use the following options in the interaction-workspace section to configure voice interactions:
- outbound.record-information.frame-color — Specifies the color of the border of the Case Data view frame. This option can be overridden by a routing strategy.
- outbound.record-information.header-foreground-color — Specifies the color of the foreground of the Case Data view header. This option can be overridden by a routing strategy.
- outbound.call-result-values — Specifies the list of call results that are available for the agent to use for an outbound interaction. The call results are displayed in the order in which they appear in the list. For example: Answered,NoAnswer,AnsweringMachine,Busy,WrongNumber
- outbound.push-preview.auto-answer — Specifies whether a push-preview outbound interaction is automatically accepted and joined when an Interaction Server Invite event is received. This option can be overridden by a routing strategy.
- outbound.push-preview.use-combined-channel — Specifies whether the outbound push-preview channel is combined with the voice channel.
- display-format.interaction-outbound-pull-preview-name — Defines the display format of outbound pull-preview (preview) interactions by specifying a string of field codes.
- display-format.interaction-outbound-push-preview-name — Defines the display format of outbound push-preview interactions by specifying a string of field codes.
- login.outboundpreview.can-unactivate-channel — Specifies whether the agent can select and unselect (auto-login or not) the outbound preview channel.
Dialing an alternate number in Outbound Preview Mode
You can now configure an alternate dialing number for an Outbound call that has a NoAnswer or Busy result, or some other result than Answered.
To enable this functionality, you must create a new Treatment object in the Outbound Contact Server (OCS) application in the Genesys Configuration layer. The Treatment object specifies that the next number in the dialing chain for the contact is dialed. The Treatment ensures that each number in the dialing chain is tried until the agent applies a different disposition to the call.
- In Genesys Administrator, open PROVISIONING > Outbound Contact > Treatments.
- Click New.
- In the New Treatment view, set the following field values:
- Name: ReDial_NoAnswer
- Call Result: No Answer
- Apply to Record: Next in chain
- Number in Sequence: 1
- State: Enabled
- Cycle Attempt: 10
- Interval, minutes: 1
- Assign the new Treatment to the calling list. Open one or more of your Calling List objects in Genesys Administrator and select the Treatments tab.
- Click Add.
- In the Browse dialog box, select the treatment that you just created.
- Click OK.
- Click Save & Close.
- In Genesys Administrator, open the Workspace Application object and configure it to use the Treatment.
- In the interaction-workspace section assign the value personal to the outbound.treatment-mode option. Setting this option to personal adds the GSW_TREATMENT = RecordTreatPersonal attached data to the EventUserEvent that is generated when the record is marked as processed. This attached data informs OCS that a treatment should be applied to the outbound record if the call result matches the result that is set for the record. This ensures that the callback is assigned to the agent who set the No Answer disposition for the call and not to the next available agent who is working on the same campaign. Refer to the scenario that is described below.
- Your Outbound campaign is started in Preview mode.
- An agent logs in to Interaction Workspace.
- The agent clicks Get Record to retrieve an Outbound Record from the Outbound Campaign on which they are working.
- The agent receives an Outbound Record and selects the number to be dialed from the list of available phone numbers in the Outbound Chain.
- The agent calls the selected number.
- When the call is over, the agent sets the Call Result to No Answer and then clicks Done, closing the interaction.
- OCS applies the ReDial_NoAnswer call treatment that you created to handle the No Answer call result.
- An immediate callback for the Outbound Record is triggered (refer to the "Call Handling/Treatments" section in the Outbound Contact 8.1 Deployment Guide).
- The agent immediately receives a personal callback for this outbound record because the value of the outbound.treatment-mode option is set to personal.
- The agent accepts the personal callback.
- The preview record is displayed and the agent is able to dial one of the available numbers from the outbound chain.