Monitoring Chat Interactions
Workspace supports two approaches to monitoring, built-in Team Lead capabilities and support for 3rd-party Supervisor applications, such as Genesys 7.6 Supervisor Desktop.
Team Lead Functionality
You can configure an agent role to have the Team Lead capability. Team Leads have capabilities that extend beyond the coaching and barge-in abilities that are enabled by internal communications. Workspace supports auto-monitoring of agents in an agent group by a team lead that is configured as the Supervisor of this Agent Group.
A Team Lead can perform the following functions:
- Monitor the next interaction or the currently active interaction.
- Select an agent and monitor all the chat interactions of this agent in one of two modes:
- silent—neither the agent nor the contact is aware of the monitoring
- coaching—only the agent can see the messages from the Team Lead
- Silently monitor chat interactions
- Start a coaching monitoring session from a silent session
- Start a barge-in (all parties on the chat can see the Team Lead) monitoring session from silent or coaching session
- Start a silent monitoring session from coaching or barge-in session
Enable Team Lead functionality by allowing the Team Lead Privileges.
You can enable agents that are assigned the chat task to be monitored by a supervisor who is using a Supervisor application, such as Genesys Supervisor Desktop 7.6.
If the agent is configured for notification, the agent is notified through the Workspace interface during supervisor monitoring. All monitoring is conducted through the supervisor application. An "eye" icon is displayed in the chat interaction window to indicate that the chat interaction is monitored. When the supervisor leaves the call, the icon disappears.
Workspace employs the following privilege for activating the Workspace supervisor monitoring:
- Chat - Show Silent Monitoring