Enabling the SMS Channel
Enabling an agent to use SMS to exchange SMS with a contact
To enable an agent to use SMS to exchange SMS with a contact that is stored in Universal Contact Server (UCS).
- Genesys Administrator 8.0.2 or higher, configured to show Advanced View.
- A working knowledge of Genesys Administrator 8.
- A Workspace Application object exists in the Configuration Database.
- Workspace has a connection to Universal Contact Server and Interaction Server.
- THe Procedure: Enabling agents to manage contacts.
- Allow the SMS privileges (see SMS Access Privileges) for the role to which the agent is assigned (refer to the Procedure: Creating a Role and allowing a Workspace privilege and assigning a Role to an agent or agent group).
- Configure the SMS options in the interaction-workspace section of the Workspace Application object (refer to the SMS configuration option reference for a list of SMS options and a description of how to configure them, and to SMS Interactions for a list of other configuration options).
- Allow the following SMS privileges for the role to which the agent is assigned:
- Can Use SMS -- Enables access to the SMS channel.
- Can Decline Chat -- Enables the agent to decline an SMS interaction.
- Can One Step Transfer -- Enables the agent to transfer an SMS interaction.
- Can Set Interaction Disposition -- Enables the agent to set a disposition for an SMS interaction.
- Can Create SMS -- Enbles the agent to create a new SMS interaction.
This page was last modified on January 6, 2014, at 12:02.