Enabling the Instant Messaging Channel
Enabling agents to use Instant Messaging
To enable an agent to use Instant Messaging (IM) to send and receive text messages with an internal target.
- Genesys Administrator 8.0.2 or higher, configured to show Advanced View.
- A working knowledge of Genesys Administrator 8.
- A Workspace Application object exists in the Configuration Database.
- Workspace has a connection to SIP Server.
- Allow the Team Communicator privileges (see Team Communicator Privileges) for the role to which the agent is assigned (refer to the Procedure: Creating a Role and allowing a Workspace privilege and assigning a Role to an agent or agent group).
- Configure the Team Communicator options in the interaction-workspace section of the Workspace Application object (refer to the Team Communicator configuration option reference for a list of Team Communicator options and a description of how to configure them).
- Allow the following IM privileges for the role to which the agent is assigned:
- Can Release IM
- Can Make IM
- Can Use IM
- Configure the IM options in the interaction-workspace section of the Workspace Application object (refer to the IM configuration option reference for a list of IM options and a description of how to configure them).
- Ensure that the SIP DN of the Place used for Instant Messaging has the following options defined in the TServer section:
- sip-signaling-chat = none
- multimedia = true
- voice = false (optional)
This page was last modified on January 6, 2014, at 11:16.