|Maintenance Notice - PDF Generation|
|Dynamic PDF generation for web-based content is temporarily unavailable. This maintenance affects dynamic PDF files that are generated from either the HTML-based page or manual that you are viewing. Links that normally allow this functionality have been hidden, and will reappear as soon as the feature is restored.
Workspace enables agents to handle e-mail interactions, including the following functionality:
- Reply to inbound e-mails (with or without the original text)
- Create new outbound e-mails
- Check the spelling of an outbound e-mail
- Apply a signature to an outbound e-mail
- Store e-mails in a workbin
- Transfer an e-mail to an internal target
- Forward an e-mail to an external resource
- Set a disposition code
- Mark the interaction as Done
- Quality Assurance (QA) review of e-mails
- View and copy links to non-embedded images in inbound and outbound e-mail interactions
- View and insert Standard Responses
- Paste content from browsers and other applications that display HTML
- Paste images from browsers and other applications that display HTML
- Printing e-mails
Workspace employs the following privileges for all E-mail interactions:
- Can Use E-mail media
- Can Decline
- Can Release
- Can Move to Workbin
- Can Reply
- Can Reply All
- Can Add Attachments
- Can Send
- Can Save
- Can Delete
- Can One Step Transfer
- Can Set Interaction Disposition
- Can Interim Send
Mandatory options for correct e-mail interaction handling:
- email.default-queue — Specifies the default queue for e-mail interactions.
- email.outbound-queue — Specifies the default queue for e-mail interactions.
- workbin.email.draft — Specifies the name of the Workbin to be used to store draft e-mail interactionss
- workbin.email.in-progress — Specifies the workbin to be used to store e-mail interactions which are in the In Progress state.
Workspace handles linked images in the HTML content of inbound and outbound e-mail interactions. Images are loaded from their respective web servers in the background so that display of the e-mail interaction does not block the application. For environments where Internet proxies require user authentication, the following options have been added to the template:
- webproxy.address—Specifies the the web proxy address.
- webproxy.username—Specifies the the web proxy username.
- webproxy.password—Specifies the the web proxy password.
Workspace enables you to assign default signature templates to outbound e-mail interactions. E-mail signatures allow the insertion of tagged-data fields with data that is related to the agent, such as name, job title, department, phone number, e-mail address, and so on. Refer to "Using UCS Data in Standard Responses: System Variables" in the "Genesys Knowledge Management: Basics" chapter of the eServices User's Guide for more information about the tagged data field. Signatures also support linked image(s) and hyperlinks.
Use the email.signature configuration option in the interaction-workspace section to specify the path and name of the signature file or the location of the Response in the Standard Response Library that is to be used as the default signature.
Inbound E-Mail Forward to External Resource
Workspace enables agents to forward active inbound e-mail interactions to an external resource by selecting a valid e-mail address in Team Communicator, either by manually entering the address or by selecting it from a searched Contact or a Corporate or Personal Favorite. Depending on the Business Process that you are using, the agent who has forwarded an e-mail interaction to an external resource might retain the ownership of the interaction and be responsible for closing the interaction.
A set of key-value pairs that include the destination e-mail address and other information is added to the inbound e-mail before it is placed in the Forward queue so that they can be used in a Business Process:
- GD_ExternalAgentAddress—The e-mail address destination. This is added only if the general.gad.attached-data option is set to true.
- GD_OriginalAgentEmployeeId—The Empoyee Id of the agent. This is added only if the general.gad.attached-data option is set to true.
- GD_TransferrerUserName—The UserName of the agent. This is added only if the general.gad.attached-data option is set to true.
- IW_ExternalAgentAddress—The e-mail address destination.
- IW_OriginalAgentEmployeeId—The Empoyee Id of the agent.
- IW_TransferrerUserName—The UserName of the agent.
- IW_EmailNotepad—The current notepad text of the e-mail view.
Refer to EServices e-mail workflow samples for more information about forwarding e-mail interactions to external resources. The following task controls the use of the forwarding feature:
- Can Forward E-Mail to External Resource
Use the email.forward-queue configuration option in the interaction-workspace section to specify the Interaction Queue in which the inbound e-mail is placed when an agent forwards it to an external resource. Use the keyboard.shortcut.interaction.email.forward configuration option in the interaction-workspace section to specify the shortcut that forwards an active inbound e-mail.
E-Mail Can Mark Done Privilege
The Can Mark Done privilege controls how e-mails are marked as done.
When this privilege is allowed, the Done button is displayed in the toolbar when an inbound e-mail is presented. If an agent clicks Done, the inbound e-mail is terminated (removed from the Business Process). It will then not be possible to submit any corresponding outbound reply from the interaction view. It can only be reopened from the Contact History.
When this privilege is not allowed, the Done button is not displayed in the toolbar when an inbound e-mail is displayed. The agent must handle the e-mail by replying to it, transferring it, or placing it in a workbin.
E-Mail Interaction History
An agent can take ownership of e-mail interactions that are in-progress if you grant the permissions that are listed in the table Agent Privileges that Control E-Mail Interaction History Functionality lists the privileges that can be used to enable the Interaction History for agents. The E-mail Interaction History feature displays the status of the interaction to agents by using the detailed status information that is provided by Interaction Server. The in-progress status of an e-mail enables agents to find and process inbound e-mail interactions that are in a queue but are not assigned, or are in the process of being routed. The in-progress status can also be used to restrict which agents can handle an in-progress interaction.
|Workbin - Can Use||Agents can open any e-mail that is present in the agent's personal workbins or in shared workbins to which the agent has access from the Workbin view.|
|Contact - Can Pull From Other Personal Workbins||Agents can select an e-mail that is currently in the workbin of another agent.|
|Contact - Can Pull From unasigned shared workbin||Agents can select an e-mail from a shared workbin to which the agent is not assigned or is in the scope of a group to which the agent is not a member.|
|Contact - Can Pull Queued Emails||Agents can select an e-mail that is in a queue or that is currently being delivered.|
From the E-Mail Interaction window, agents can display the Print Preview window which provides the following functionality:
- Print preview
- Printer selection
- Page range
- Page layout
- Configurable page margins
Enable the following privilege to allow agents to print e-mail interactions:
- Can Print Email
Configure the following option to specify whether the Print Preview window is displayed to the agent: