Genesys Media Server
The Genesys Media Server is a module that provides MSML-based media services offered by the Genesys Voice Platform. When integrated with SIP Server, it supports MSML-based call recording, where the Genesys Media Server acts as a proxy, replicating the media stream in a new recording session with a third-party voice recorder that does the actual recording.
Feature Configuration The following provides an overview of the main steps that are required to configure the call-recording functionality.
To start recording based on static DN-level settings, set record to true in any of the following:
- Extension DN for agent-side recording.
- Agent Login for agent-side recording.
- Trunk DN for customer-side recording.
To start recording during an ongoing conversation, configure either of the following:
- In the routing strategy, configure the TRouteCall request to include the key record, with the values:
- destination for agent-side recording
- source for customer-side recording
- In the T-library client, configure the TRequestPrivateService request to include the key record, with the values:
- source for recording ThisDN
- destination for recording OtherDN
- You can also add the following optional key value pairs:
- id — A string used to add an identifier to the recording session. Must be globally unique. If not configured, Media Server constructs a unique identifier itself.
- dest — A string used to override the default location of the third party recording server.
- params — A string used to add additional parameters that can be passed as generic key value pairs. These parameters will appear in the recording session.
To control the recording during an established session, configure TRequestPrivateService to include the key AttrPrivateMsgID, using one of the following values:
- GSIP_RECORD_STOP (3014)
- GSIP_RECORD_PAUSE (3015)
- GSIP_RECORD_RESUME (3016)