Configuring Virtual Agent Groups (VAG)
When the disable-vag-calculation parameter is set to true in the single tenant Configuration Server confserv file, the configuration server stops performing VAG calculations. Genesys Administrator Extension (GAX) then communicates with the Virtual Agent Group (VAG) Calculation Service configured in the gax.properties file. The VAG Calculation Service performs the VAG calculation and GAX retrieves those calculated VAGs/Agents and displays them. See Genesys Administrator Help for more information on Virtual Agent Groups.
Set the below mandatory VAG parameters in gax.properties file to enable VAG Service in GAX:
- vag_hostname=< Host IP in which VAG Service is configured>
- vag_port=<VAG Service port number>
To view the Agents list of a Virtual Agent Group:
- Go to Configuration > Agent Groups.
- Click any of the Virtual Agent Group.
- Click the Agents tab to view the Agents belonging to the selected Virtual Agent Group.
To view the VAGs of Persons object:
- Go to Configuration > Persons.
- Click on any Agent who is a member of a Virtual Agent Group.
- Click the Dependencies tab to view the dependent VAGs of the selected Agent.
To view the VAGs list of an Agent:
- Navigate to Agents Dashboard.
- List View will display the Agent Groups name of each agent including the VAG under the Agent Groups column header.
Token-based Authentication for VAG
GAX supports token-based authentication between GAX and VAG Calculation Service. If the token-based authentication is enabled in VAG Calculation Service by setting the auth parameter value to 1 in the config.json file, GAX generates JSON Web tokens using a predefined key to communicate with VAG Calculation Service.
To enable Token based VAG Service Authentication in GAX:
- Login to VAG Server.
- Navigate to the VAG Service installation directory.
- Locate and open the generate_token.js file.
- Copy the value of the variable key.
- Open a Web browser and access GAX as localhost and login as a root user.
- Access http://localhost:<GAX Port>/gax/api/system/setvagkey?key=<Copied Key value from the VAG service>
- Logout from root.
- GAX auto generates the vag_key and vag_crypto_code tokens and writes them to the gax.properties file.
- Restart GAX service.