Facebook Private Messaging
To configure private messaging for your Facebook channel, you must first obtain a page token.
- Use Graph API Explorer to show the access token for each Page that was created by the User who created the Application that we used to get the user access token; for example,
- In the Access Token field, enter your long-lived User access token.
- In the field next to GET, enter me/accounts, then click Submit.
- Scroll to the desired Page and copy its access token.
- Use this access token as the value of the access-token option for the corresponding Private Messaging monitor.
You must also configure Chat Server as shown in the figure below. Note that the circled endpoint in Social Messaging Server specifies the FacebookMessaging endpoint in Chat Server.