Set up Voicemail
If your contact center doesn’t offer 24/7 support, you can give callers the option to leave a voicemail message outside of operating hours. To do that, you'll need two voice pages:
Use the Question Page to ask callers if they want to leave a message, and use the Voicemail Page to record a voicemail greeting and choose a location for storing the recordings.
Click here for a sample audio prompt.
Question Page— After Hours: Leave a Message?
Use the Question Page to ask callers to leave a message. They'll respond with a Yes or No answer.
On the Site Overview screen, go to the Question Page you renamed After Hours: Leave a Message? Use the Main tab for this page, and on the No Input and No Match tabs, use the default Site Level settings.
From the Site Overview screen, choose the After Hours – Leave a Message? Question Page you created earlier and specify an audio prompt:
- Click the icon next to the Initial Prompts text box to open the audio options and then click Link Audio. A new page opens.
- In the Upload Audio section of the page, click Browse and choose the file from your computer and click Upload.
- Your new uploaded file will appear on the right-hand side of the screen. Click the checkbox next to it and select Link to Page, You’ll return to the Main tab and see that your file has been added to the Initial Prompts text box.
Now specify the following:
- Response Type— choose Yes/No because you're asking callers to respond with a Yes or No answer.
- Store in Variable— choose the AfterHoursLeaveMessage variable you created on the Site Variables screen earlier. The response will be stored in this variable’s value.
- If Yes, go to: choose the Voicemail Page you named After Hours Voicemail.
- If No, go to: choose the Message Page you named Goodbye Message.
Voicemail Page—After Hours Voicemail
Callers who wish to leave a message will be directed to the Voicemail Page to leave a message. Add your voicemail greeting message here and choose a location to store the recordings.
On the Site Overview screen, choose the Voicemail Page you renamed After Hours Voicemail. You'll use the Main tab for this page, and on the No Input and No Match tabs, you'll use the default Site Level settings.
For the prompt, choose the Audio option by following the instructions listed above (you can also use the audio sample provided above).
Then specify storage and destination options:
- Mailbox— choose Inbox. This is where you'll retrieve your messages.
- Response Storage— choose the AfterHoursVoicemail variable you created earlier. A link to your voicemail recordings will be stored there.
- Action— choose Go to Designated Page and then select Goodbye Message from the dropdown menu.