ACD Page for Creating the Administrator and Defining Routing Parameters
Use the ACD Page to do the following for this example:
Create the Administrator
You have to create the first administrator so that you can log in to VCC Dashboard to manage all the agents, supervisors, and administrator for the subscriber.
On your voice site's Site Overview screen, choose the ACD Page you named Contact Center Routing.
Before you can create the administrator, you must do the following:
- At the top of the page, type over New ACD Page to rename your page Contact Center Routing.
- Go to the For an agent to be selected, they must have this skill field and choose OperatorSkillVariable.
- At the bottom of the page, click Save. Note: The system will not let you create the administrator until you've saved the page at this point.
Now create the administrator:
- Enter the administrator's first name, last name, and e-mail address in the respective fields.
- Click Send Login Instructions. The system will e-mail the login instructions to the administrator.
Define Routing Parameters
Now define all routing logic for your voice site. Use the following tabs to do this:
On the Main tab, specify the following:
In this section of the Main tab, specify how to route calls to agents in given scenarios:
- For an agent to be selected, they must have this skill— choose the OperatorSkillVariable variable you created earlier. When callers choose Billing or Support from the main menu, their response will be stored as this variable's value on the Site Variables screen, and only agents with that skill (Billing or Support) can handle the call.
- Agents must have skill level equal or above— choose the SkillLevel variable. You assigned it a value of 5, which means agents with a proficiency level of 5 will be the first agents selected to take the call.
- If no agents available requested skill level decreases every— choose the SkillTimeout variable. You assigned it a value of 30, which means that after 30 seconds of waiting for a Level 5 agent, the pool of available agents will expand to include Level 4 agents, and then Level 3 agents after another 30 seconds, and so on.
- Queue routing priority— choose the QueueRouting variable. With the Queue Routing option, you give priority to specified customers. Any call without a priority is automatically assigned a priority value of 0. For this example, you assigned the variable a value of 0.
Call Delivery Options
Now specify the following:
- When the agent does not answer within— set the number of seconds before returning an unanswered call to the ACD queue so it can be rerouted, and specify if you want the agent state to change after a call has been unanswered. For example, you could set the parameter to 30 seconds and change the agent state to Not Ready.
- Routing Logic— for this example, choose Round Robin. In situations where multiple agents are available with the same skill and proficiency, this logic selects an agent and then sends calls to all other agents before repeating.
In the last section of the Main tab, specify where to send callers in the following scenarios. Use the parameters specified for this example.
- When the call successfully completes, take callers to— End the Call
- When no agents are available, take callers to— Welcome Message
- When pressing 0 to enter the queue, take callers to— Disabled
- For all other results, take callers to— Welcome Message
In Queue Tab
On the In Queue tab, specify the Waiting Audio and the Wait Options.
In the Select first voice page for waiting loop field, choose the Waiting Message Page you named Waiting Prompts.
In the Maximum Hold Time for Callers field, specify the maximum hold time, in seconds, and then specify which page you want the callers to go to once the maximum hold time is exceeded. The default setting is 600 seconds.
CX Builder Help
- ACD Page: GVP Platform
- Differences Between an Administrator and a User
- Adding Users
- Waiting Message Page
- Site Variables