|Maintenance Notice - PDF Generation|
|Dynamic PDF generation for web-based content is temporarily unavailable. This maintenance affects dynamic PDF files that are generated from either the HTML-based page or manual that you are viewing. Links that normally allow this functionality have been hidden, and will reappear as soon as the feature is restored.
A Message page allows you to play a prompt, receive a caller’s input, and perform an action.
Playing a Prompt
There are three ways to play a prompt in CX Builder.
- Audio—To link an audio file to a message page click on the Audio button then the Link Audio link. Click the check box next to the audio file you wish to use and then click the Link To Page button. You should see your audio file underneath Initial Prompts. For more information about audio files and how to upload them to Site Builder, see Audio Files.
- Text-to-Speech (TTS)—When you create a new message page TTS is enabled by default. To edit your message just type into the Initial Prompts text box. When a caller calls into you IVR, CX Builder will convert the text you type into audio, which will be played to the caller.
- Variable—This is an advanced feature of CX Builder, which allows the voice site to dynamically play a prompt. Select the variable you wish to use from the Select a Variable drop-down menu and then select the variable type from the Smart Play drop-down menu. For more information on variable types, see the Site Variables section.
Controlling the Speaking Rate of TTS Messages
NOTE: This feature only works if you have TTS Settings enabled on your account. Contact your account representative for more information.
To control the speaking rate of TTS messages during playback, do the following:
- In Initial Prompts, click on Variable.
- Select the variable you wish to use from the Select a Variable drop-down menu and then select the variable type from the Smart Play drop-down menu. thumb|center|650px|TTS Variables
- Click the TTS Settings icon next to each TTS variable you want to control. Otherwise, the system will use the default settings.
- Control the speaking rate by dragging the slider in the Value field in the TTS Settings window. You can return to the default settings at any time by checking the Use System Default box.
Note: If you choose Sound File from the Smart Play menu, you will not have the option to control the speaking rate for that variable.
The following voice pages also support this feature:
There are five different action types a message page can perform. These action types can be toggled from the Actions drop-down menu. The following table describes these actions:
|Listen for Site Commands||A Site Command is an input (either voice or touch-tone) a caller can use any time during a call that will take the caller to another page in the IVR. For more information about Site Commands, see the Site Commands section.|
|Listen for Site Commands & Page Commands||Selecting this action type will populate the page command interface. Page commands work the same as Site Commands, but can only be used on the page they are configured for. For example, a Message Page will play "Press 1 to be transferred to David. Press 2 to leave a voicemail for Billing. Press 3 to repeat these options." to the caller using TTS. After the prompt is played, the IVR will listen for the caller to input a Site or Page Command. If the caller presses 1 the IVR will take the caller to page 6, if they press 2 the IVR will take the caller to page 11 and so forth.|
You also have the option of selecting an ASR Language from the drop-down list. By default, it's set to English (US). Documentation:CXB:Library:ASRLang:draft
|Go Back||If this action type is selected, the IVR will go back to the previous page once the prompt has finished.|
|Go To Destination Page||If this action type selected, the IVR will proceed to the selected page once the prompt has finished.|
|End The Call||If this is selected, the IVR will end the call once the prompt has finished playing. Note: Genesys does not recommend using this End the Call action on the Audio treatment, because the call might be dropped while waiting in the ACD queue. Genesys recommends using the “Go To Designated Page” action instead.|
The Advanced Options tab on a Message Page has two options.
- Barge-In—With Barge-In on, the caller can interrupt the prompt whereas with Barge-In off, the caller is forced to listen to the entire prompt before the IVR will recognize their response.
- Disable Site Commands—If this page represents a critical state in your Voice Site, where you want to ensure that the caller stays within the page and only leaves it through the specified Page Commands, it is advisable to turn off Site Commands, as they serve as 'always on' global navigation otherwise.