|Maintenance Notice - PDF Generation|
|Dynamic PDF generation for web-based content is temporarily unavailable. This maintenance affects dynamic PDF files that are generated from either the HTML-based page or manual that you are viewing. Links that normally allow this functionality have been hidden, and will reappear as soon as the feature is restored.
In the Audio Files section you can upload and delete your audio files. thumb|center|650px|Audio Files
Uploading Audio Files
To upload an audio file from your computer to CX Builder, follow the following steps:
- In your CX Builder account, access Audio Manager by doing one of the following
- On the Home tab, on the right side of the screen click Audio Manager under the CX Builder heading.
- On the CX Builder tab, click Audio Files.
- Click the Browse button.
- Browse to where the file is stored on your computer and select the file.
- Click on the Upload button. The following dialog box appears:
- Choose how you want to handle audio files if the file name is a duplicate:
- Click Yes if you want to replace any files with the same file name.
- Click No if you do not want to replace file with the same name. Once you click No, for any files you uploaded that had the same name, CXB appends “_1” to the name. If you upload the same file again, CX Builder appends “_2," and so on if you continue uploading the same file.
- After the upload has completed, you will see the new file listed with the other audio files.
- The file is available to be linked to any voice page in your IVR.
- If you want to organize your audio files in a folder, create the folder first before adding the file, per the instructions below.
Creating an Audio File Folder
You can store your audio files in relevant directory. To create a directory:
- Enter the folder name in the Add Folder text box.
- Click the Add button.
- Click to Folder Up button to return to the root or previous folder.
Uploading Audio Files to a Voice Page
You can also upload audio files directly from a voice page:
- From within the voice page you will see Initial Prompts. These are the prompts that a caller would hear when they access this voice page.
- Next to Add Prompt, click Audio.
- To the right of the added field, click Link Audio and an Audio screen displays.
- thumb|center|650px|Link Audio
- If the audio file you want is listed on the right, select it.
- If you need to upload it, do the following:
- Click Browse and find the location on your computer where you saved your sound file and double-click on the file you want to use.
- Click the Upload button. Note: Audio files uploaded from a page are added to the list of audio files in the Audio Manager for use by other pages.
- Once the upload completes, from the list of audio files on the right, click the check box next to your sound file.
- Click the Link to Page button.
- Once you have verified that your sound file is linked to your prompt, save the page.
Audio File Specifications
CX Builder supports file name lengths of up to 255 characters.
All audio files uploaded to CX Builder should be in the following format:
- Windows PCM Wav
- 8 kHz
- 16 bit
- 5 MB maximum file size
- If you try to upload an invalid audio file (for example, it's not a .wav file), whether as a single file or in a zip file, CX Builder displays an error informing you what file is invalid.
- When playing in-queue music from the IVR, the default maximum length for the music-in-queue audio file is one hour. In this situation, the music must be recorded at 8 KHz and 8 bits; at these settings, the hold music file size is about 64 MB.