Data Files/Big Data Files
CX Builder gives you the option to import, modify, and create new data files and big data files with the following limitations:
- Data Files—up to 50K rows of data.
- Big Data Files—up to 100K rows of data with a maximum size of 52.4288 MB.
Note: Big Data Files must be enabled on your account and can be used in conjunction with the Big Data Page.
Importing and Creating
From the Home Screen, choose whether you want to import or create a data file or big data file and then proceed to the All Data Files Screen to upload or create the file.
Note: CX Builder will support FTP and SFTP uploads.
Viewing and Modifying Properties
From the Home Screen, click Edit next to the name of your existing data/big data file to view and/or make changes to its properties, including File Information, Structure, and Scheduled Delivery & Update Options.
- File Name—Enter a new name, if desired, to rename the file.
- Last Modified—View the date the files were last modified.
- Rows of Data—View the number of data rows.
- Download—To download the file, click on the Download link.
- Re-Import—If you need to update your data file, delete the existing file by clicking Clear All Data Rows and then click Re-Import to import the updated file.
- Note:Once you delete the current data, you must wait 5 minutes before you re-import the new data.
- View Data—If you wish to view the data file without downloading it, click the View Data link to view it in your browser. Note: Only the first 200 rows will display.
- Clear All Data Rows—Click this link if you wish to delete all the data in the file, leaving only the column headers.
In the Structure section you can rename, add, delete, or move columns up or down.
Scheduled Delivery & Update Options
In this section you can configure various delivery and update options.
Note: You now have the option to enable Deliver only new rows of data for both FTP/SFTP delivery and Email delivery of data files only. For big data files, you must choose one or the other or create two separate data files: one enabled for FTP or SFTP delivery and the other enabled for Email delivery.
- Deliver only new rows of data – Specify if the delivered file should contain only new (previous days) rows of data.
- Delete delivered rows after [ xx ] days – Enable automatic deletion of delivered rows after ‘xx’ days.
- Enable Update—To update the data file:
- Check this box, and either FTP or SFTP, so that CX Builder retrieves the data file from the associated server you designate in the Host/IP/URL field daily, and at the time you select in the Update daily at or Update hourly at drop-down menu.
- Specify the values for Remote Directory - The remote filename must be the same as the name of the data file in CX Builder. In the Remote Directory field, you must use ( ./ ) if the file being updated resides on the root directory. If it's in a folder, the format is ( ./FolderName ). Click Execute Now to immediately retrieve the file.
- Specify the username and password - The username and password must include alphanumeric values only [0-9a-zA-Z]. Special characters are not recognized - for example: "$-_.+!*'(),"
- Enable Delivery—To deliver the data file:
- Check this box, and either FTP or SFTP, to have the data file delivered to the server you designate in the Host/IP/URL field daily at the time you select in the Update daily at or Update hourly at drop-down menu.
- Specify the values for Remote Directory - The remote filename must be the same as the name of the data file in CX Builder. In the Remote Directory field, you must use ( ./ ) if the file needs to be delivered in the root directory. If there is a folder, the format is ( ./FolderName ). Select Prepend date to file name, if desired. Click Execute Now to immediately deliver the file.
- Specify the Username, and Password for the location - The username and password must include alphanumeric values only [0-9a-zA-Z]. Special characters are not recognized - for example: "$-_.+!*'(),"
- Enable Email Delivery—Check this box to e-mail the data files to the specified e-mail address at the time you select in the Email daily at or Email hourly at drop-down menu. Click Execute Now to immediately e-mail the data files.
- When delivering hourly: YYYY-MM-DD_HH-MM-filename.xls (Example: 2016-04-07_19-07-filename.xls)
- When delivering daily: YYYY-MM-DD-filename.xls (Example: 2016-04-07-filename.xls)
- CX Builder now supports SSH packet compression when delivering data files via SFTP.