This page provides information about how the SIP voicemail metric is defined and calculated, and describes the key values used to designate these metrics in the billing files.
ImportantYou must never enable both voicemail_boxes_gim and voicemail_boxes metrics simultaneously, as they generate the same files.
|Billable item||The maximum number of configured Agent Logins, Agent Groups, and DN objects that simultaneously had voicemail_box enabled, in either an active or inactive state, at any point during the month.|
|Unit of measure||Objects count|
|Metric frequency||Daily (the number of Agent Logins, Agent Groups, and DNs that have voicemail boxes configured)|
|Metric definition||Monthly maximum enabled voicemail boxes.|
|Data source||Tenant Configuration Server|
|Deployment model||Instance of Configuration Server per tenant.|
Define the following:
- Configuration Server — Within each tenant configuration, define the host and port of the tenant Configuration Server, under the following attributes:
- Credentials — Within the globals section, at the top level in the cme_credentials section, define the default credentials to access the Configuration Server instances.
Resulting data file details
- The number displayed in the resulting file represents the number of configured voicemail box objects (of Agent Login, Agent Group, or DN types) on a given day.
- The file content complies with the IT Integration Specification:
- AgentGroupName = 1 (Concurrent)
- Activity type = 5
- Channel type = 0
- Service class = 26
- ImportantMonthly characteristics are not available for this metric.
This page was last edited on June 10, 2020, at 14:36.