How BDS works
The Billing Data Server (BDS) runs as a continuous service, performing daily queries and transmitting files automatically. The following figure shows how BDS interacts with other components to provide a billing solution for premise customers.
- Data sources: BDS queries data primarily from Genesys Info Mart (GIM), GVP Reporting Server, and the Framework Configuration Management Environment.
- Data files: BDS generates billing data files based on the results of queries and aggregation of raw data. Generation of files depends on the characteristic of each metric, like scope and frequency.
- Data files contain only the counts of products used. BDS does not have any pricing or other contract-based data.
- Data files are in .csv format, and are not encrypted.
- Data files are uploaded to the Genesys S3 repository and saved in a set of folders on the customer premise.
- ImportantData files are saved locally by default. Sending to the Genesys S3 repository is an option.
- Data files include header information required to identify the customer to be billed.
- Automated Data File Transmission: The BDS automated data file transmission process sends files generated daily, on a daily basis, and files generated monthly, once at the end of each month.
- ImportantDepending on the characteristic of the metric, the monthly metric is collected together with the daytime metric on the last day of the month.
- The data files are sent to the Genesys S3 repository, and then used for Genesys billing process for invoice creation.
- Administrative features: The features available to BDS administrators are limited to installation and operation of BDS. BDS does not provide any reporting interface or reports.
- Data file access: Data files are placed in a folder on the customer site:
- As a backup for BDS and troubleshooting
- To transmit files manually, if the customer chooses to do so
- Customers can access the folder and copy or move the data files as needed. The files are not encrypted or password protected.
- Billing reports: Billing reports that provide additional details for invoices can be obtained on request from Sales (that is, from the customer service manager or the advisor). They cannot be obtained directly from BDS.
This page was last modified on June 27, 2018, at 12:11.