This page provides information about how the Genesys Voice metric is defined and calculated, and describes the key values used to designate these metrics in the billing files. '
Genesys Voice is a usage metric.
|Billable item||Concurrent and Enabled number of agents with voice sessions|
|Unit of measure||agents count|
|Metric frequency||Daily (concurrent), daily (enabled) in release 9.0.000.33 and later, (monthly (enabled) in earlier releases)|
|Data source||Genesys Info Mart database|
|Deployment model||One global instance of Genesys Info Mart database, per tenant.|
Define the following:
- Regions and locations — Within each tenant configuration, define a set of regions and locations in which the tenant is enabled.
- Credentials — In the globals section, define credentials at the top level in the following sections:
- gimdb: the default credentials to access the Genesys Info Mart database.
- Switch names — Within each location within each tenant, populate the switches parameter with a list of valid switch names. If a location has an empty list of switch names, it is used as a 'default' location.
- sm_fact — statement executed against the GIM database of the tenant.
- voice_sessions — statement executed against the GIM database of the tenant. Extract all agents voice sessions records extracted from ICON instances, and intersecting the given day.
Resulting data file details=
- The number in the resulting file (MessageSize field) represents the number of concurrently active unique agents, or the number of enabled agents with voice sessions.
- The file content complies with the IT Integration Specification:
- Channel type = 1
- Service class = 19
- Activity type = 5
- Status = AGENT_SEATS
- AgentGroupName = 1 (Concurrent), 2 (Enabled)
This page was last edited on January 22, 2020, at 18:24.