Genesys Twitter Seats
Beginning with release 100.0.005.0003, the Genesys Twitter Seats for NEXUS metric is renamed to Genesys Twitter Seats.
This page provides information about how the Genesys Twitter Seats metric is defined and calculated, and describes the key values used to designate this metric in the billing files.
|Billable item||Concurrent and Enabled number of agents having either active twitter or twitterdirectmessage agent sessions.|
|Unit of measure||agents count|
|Metric frequency||Daily (concurrent), daily (enabled) in release 9.0.000.33 and later, (monthly (enabled) in earlier releases)|
|Data source||Genesys Info Mart database|
|Deployment model||One global instance of Genesys Info Mart database, per tenant.|
Define the following:
- Regions and locations — Within each tenant configuration, define a set of regions and locations in which the tenant is enabled.
- Credentials — In the globals section, define credentials at the top level in the following sections:
- gimdb: the default credentials to access the Genesys Info Mart database.
- Switch names — Within each location within each tenant, populate the switches parameter with a list of valid switch names. If a location has an empty list of switch names, it is used as a 'default' location.
- sm_fact — statement executed against the Info Mart database of the tenant.
- voice_sessions — statement executed against the Info Mart database of the tenant. Extracts all agents voice sessions records extracted from ICON instances, and intersecting the given day.
Resulting data file details
- The number displayed in the resulting file (MessageSize field) represents the number of concurrently active agents, or the number of enabled agents.
- The file content complies with the IT Integration Specification:
- Channel type = 12
- Service class = 24 in release 9.0.000.33 and later. (24 (Twitter Public Seat), 23 (Twitter Direct Messaging Seat) in release 9.0.000.30 and earlier)
- Activity type = 5
- Status = AGENT_SEATS
- AgentGroupName = 1 (Concurrent), 2 (Enabled)