Genesys Twitter Seats for NEXUS
Beginning with release 9.0.000.33, the Genesys Twitter Public Seats for NEXUS and Genesys Twitter Direct Messaging Seats for NEXUS metrics are combined into a single metric, Genesys Twitter Seats for NEXUS. This page provides information about how the Genesys Twitter Seats for NEXUS metric is defined and calculated, and describes the key values used to designate this metric in the billing files.
Genesys Twitter Seats for NEXUS is a usage metric.
|Billable item||Concurrent and Enabled number of agents having either:
|Unit of measure||agents count|
|Metric Name||seats_twitter (seats_twitter_public, seats_twitter_direct in release 9.0.000.30 and earlier)|
|Metric frequency||Daily (concurrent), daily (enabled) in release 9.0.000.33 and later, (monthly (enabled) in earlier releases)|
Concurrent: The number of concurrently active agent sessions with agents that have either:
Enabled: number of unique agents that are either:
|Data source||Genesys Info Mart database|
|Deployment model||One global instance of Genesys Info Mart database, per tenant.|
Define the following:
- Regions and locations — Within each tenant configuration, define a set of regions and locations in which the tenant is enabled.
- Credentials — In the globals section, define credentials at the top level in the following sections:
- gimdb: the default credentials to access the Genesys Info Mart database.
- Switch names — Within each location within each tenant, populate the switches parameter with a list of valid switch names. If a location has an empty list of switch names, it is used as a 'default' location.
- sm_fact — statement executed against the Info Mart database of the tenant.
- voice_sessions — statement executed against the Info Mart database of the tenant. Extracts all agents voice sessions records extracted from ICON instances, and intersecting the given day.
Resulting data file details
- The number displayed in the resulting file (MessageSize field) represents the number of concurrently active agents, or the number of enabled agents.
- The file content complies with the IT Integration Specification:
- Channel type = 12
- Service class = 24 in release 9.0.000.33 and later. (24 (Twitter Public Seat), 23 (Twitter Direct Messaging Seat) in release 9.0.000.30 and earlier)
- Activity type = 5
- Status = AGENT_SEATS
- AgentGroupName = 1 (Concurrent), 2 (Enabled)