|Billable Item||Cloud Contact Center GVP port peak usage|
|Unit of measure||
port peak usage
Peak usage of GVP treatment applied to calls within GVP platform
GVP Reporting Server DB; Genesys Info Mart DB
|Deployment Model||Instance of GVP Reporting Server DB per location (shared between tenants or individual); One global instance of Genesys Info Mart DB per tenant|
- Within each tenant configuration, a set of regions and locations is defined in which the tenant is enabled.
- Credentials to be used to access all configuration servers are defined on global level: cme_credentials section under global.
- Default credentials that can be used to access GIM databases are defined on global level: gimdb section under global.
- Default credentials that can be used to access GVP Reporting Server databases are defined on global level: gvpdb section under global.
- Each location on global level has a gvp section with details defining shared GVP deployment details: configuration server coordinates, GVP Reporting Server database coordinates, and credentials (inherited from the gvpdb section in global).
- Globally defined GVP Reporting Server database coordinates for each location and default credentials are propagated down to the tenants' level, and can be overridden on a tenant level.
- Within each location a list of 'billable' IVR Profiles DBIDs can be defined (ivr_usage_profiles: ['000'] - default value meaning all IVR Profiles are billable).
- GVP Reporting Server should be configured to store CDRs table:
Resulting Data File Details
- Number in the resulting file (MessageSize field) represents the number of concurrently GVP sessions within region.
- File content complies to the IT Integration Specification:
Channel type = 1
Service class = 20
Activity Type = 6
Status = PORT
- A separate file is produced for each region, where the tenant is deployed.
This page was last modified on 28 March 2018, at 13:00.