Provisioning location and tenant
After the initial provisioning of Global settings, use the steps on this page to provision location and tenant information.
Procedure: Provision Locations
Purpose: Use the steps in this procedure to provision new locations, or update existing locations.
- To generate the new location template, complete either of the following steps:
- execute the admin tool as follows:
brsctl.py template -t location -f location_new.tpl
- Copy one of the existing location templates in the etc directory of BDS to a new file.
- Open the template for editing, and add the following information:
- Correct region code
- Location code and name
- Switch name(s) and Genesys Voice Platform (GVP) host name, port, and Configuration Management Environment parameters
- Complete one of the following steps:
- For a new location, execute the following command:
brsctl.py config -i location_new.tpl
- To update an existing location, execute the following command:
brsctl.py config -i --force location_new.tpl
Procedure: Provision tenants
Purpose: Use the steps in this procedure to provision tenants.
- Execute the following command to generate a template:
brsctl.py template -t tenant -f tenant_new.tpl
- Open the template for editing, and populate it with appropriate values. Most options in the tenant template are self-explanatory, however, note the following:
- production_date: Genesys recommends you provision a tenant before it goes to production. The provisioned tenant, even if enabled, is not processed if the production date is in the future. Processing begins only after the production date.
- extract_watermark, transform_watermark, load_watermark: Always set the initial values of the three watermarks to the same date, which must be earlier than the production date.
- Default values are already earlier than any valid production date:
- extract_watermark: 2015-07-01
- transform_watermark: 2015-07-01
- load_watermark: 2015-07-01
- gws : Beginning with release 9.0.000.18, if you include authorization credentials in the gws section, BDS uses them to connect to Config Server. If you do not populate the gws section, BDS connects to Config Server directly using the parameters defined in the cme_credentials section.
- Location-level GVP settings are pre-populated from global settings when the template is generated. Change them only if the tenant is using a different instance of GVP. However, if the regional default setting changes, the settings for the provisioned tenants are not updated automatically. See Modifying Tenant on how to make changes to the provisioned tenant.
- Execute the following command to provision the completed template:
brsctl.py config -i tenant_new.tpl
Procedure: Modify tenants
Use the steps in this procedure to modify tenants.
This procedure reimports the tenant template. The current watermark values are lost and must be subsequently reconfigured.
- Execute the following command to open the template for editing:
brsctl.py tenant -t tenant_name -f filename.tpl
- Edit the file as required.
- Execute the following command to reprovision the tenant:
brsctl.py config --force -i filename.tpl
To enable or disable processing for the tenant at any level, see Operation
After provisioning the location and tenant, you must schedule BDS execution as described in Operation.
This page was last modified on January 22, 2019, at 18:34.