Installing Billing Data Server
This section describes how to install the BDS application.
Download the delivery package.
Genesys sends you the delivery package, which you can download through FTP server. The name of the delivery package includes a version number in the format IP_BDS_PRR_v0.0.1304.18_dockerlinux.tar.gz. (For simplicity, it will be called “deploy_prem.tgz” in the examples below).
- Transfer the delivery package (Archive) contents to the target host through any meaningful process.
All further actions must be executed in the home directory of the application user (the non-root local user that has access to docker and will be used to run the BDS container).
- Create the directory, cloudbilling-prem.
- Unpack the contents of the Archive to the cloudbilling-prem directory. The unpacking takes very little time.
The contents are now in the target host.
- Change current directory from cloudbilling-prem/devbox/ to cd cloudbilling-prem/devbox/. The deploy prem.script is displayed.
- Run deploy prem.script. The script does a few things:
- Creates ~/cloudbilling-prem.local directory structure if it does not exist.
- Adds a new image to the local docker.
- Unpacks bundled generic templates to the ~/cloundbilling-prem.local/templates/ (overwriting existing files does not affect the tenant templates).
- Adds default configs for premises to ~/cloundbilling-prem.local/etc/ if they do not exist.
- Check the uploaded images in registry.
The uploaded images are displayed. Images are assigned an ID, for example, C8f2807d883b, as in the following screen shot. Any image from a previous attempt is also displayed. The deploy script also assigns prem tag to latest uploaded image. This tag defines the particular image that should be used to run the application. The script also creates startup link ~/cloudbilling-prem.sh that is used for further interaction with BDS.
- Run ./cloudbilling-prem.sh config
After successful execution of the cloudbilling-prem.sh script, you should be logged into Docker container as ‘vagrant’ user. It is fine if errors are displayed here as they are not important.