After Installing Billing Data Server (BDS), the following prerequisites must be met before you configure BDS.
Regions and locations
Within each tenant configuration, define a set of regions and locations in which the tenant is enabled.
In the globals section, define credentials at the top level in the following sections:
- cme_credentials: the credentials to access all the Configuration Servers.
- gimdb: the default credentials to access the Genesys Info Mart (GIM) databases.
- gvpdb: the default credentials to access the Genesys Voice Platform (GVP) Reporting Server.
Each location at the top level has a gvp section with details that define the shared GVP deployment details:
- Configuration Server parameters
- GVP Reporting Server database parameters
- Credentials (inherited from the gvpdb section under the globals section)
Reporting Server database
Globally defined GVP Reporting Server database parameters for each location and default credentials are propagated down to the tenant level, and can be overridden on that level.
Additionally, each tenant has a shared_gvp flag that defaults to true. In premise deployment, shared_gvp must be set to false.
A shared_gvp_alias parameter is not used to configure a premise tenant, and should be left empty.
- Configure the Media Control Platform (MCP) to send the required events to the Reporting Server. Genesys does not validate the configuration, but it is a prerequisite:
- Validate the availability of the events based on the retention period of the event records, as configured in the Reporting Server:
BDS works with the following DB (db_type) types:
BDS uses the following corresponding drivers (driver_name):