Configuring BDS for on-premise deployment
This page describes steps you must take to configure Billing Data Server (BDS) in on-premise deployments.
By default, BDS is configured to run in online mode, wherein it stores extract and transform data on S3, and then transfers the resulting files to the IT department using Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP).
This page describes how to configure premise mode, which stores files only in a local path. For more information about how BDS works in premise deployments, see the BDS User's Guide.
Procedure: Configure BDS for on-premise deployments
Use the steps in this procedure to configure the BDS application.
Ensure that your environment meets the requirements set out on the Configuration prerequisites page.
- Create the tenant template in the ./cloudbilling-prem.local/templates/ folder. Use the following format to name the template:
tenant_<short_tenant_name>.tpl, that is, '''tenant_acme.tpl'''
- Use the bundled ./cloudbilling-prem.local/etc/gvars.py file for the initial configuration. See Global variables for parameter descriptions.
- Execute the following command to launch BDS in configuration mode
- An interactive prompt appears.
- Execute the following commands to create encryption keys:
python /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/keyczar/keyczart.py create --location=/vagrant/etc/crypto --purpose=crypt --name="BRS keyset"
python /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/keyczar/keyczart.py addkey --location=/vagrant/etc/crypto --status=primary
ls /vagrant/etc/crypto 1 meta
- Execute the following commands to encode the passwords with the generated encryption key:
utils.py:__zk_lock_get: Connected to Zookeeper at 127.0.0.1:2181
- Execute the following command to exit configuration mode:
- Execute the following command to import the configuration templates and reset all configuration values, including the current ETL timestamps:
- Check the output for any errors below the line “Main run, should not produce any errors below this message”.
- If the following error appears: “Cannot read file /vagrant/templates/tenant_*.tpl”, re-import the configuration templates.
- Execute the following command to launch configuration mode:
- Execute the following commands to verify that the templates are loaded:
Additional configuration steps for BDS are described in the following sections:
This page was last modified on April 12, 2019, at 13:05.