Installing Billing Data Server
Before you install the Billing Data Server (BDS), ensure that your environment meets the minimum System Requirements.
During BDS deployment, several directories on the deployment host are automatically created, as follows:
Directories created during deployment
|| BDS passwords, encryption keys, configuration dump, and the gvars.py file (stored in the Docker container)
|| All BDS configuration templates (stored in the Docker container)
|| All log files (stored in the Docker container)
|| Persistent non-configuration (extracted) data (stored in the Docker container)
Procedure: Install the BDS application
Use the steps in this procedure to install the BDS application.
- Genesys recommends that you update the gvars.py file with the correct locations for log and data storage, as follows:
- Always use Docker container paths for BDS configuration. For example: /vagrant/log/bds.log for the log file, rather than ./cloudbilling-prem.local/log/bds.log.
- Download the delivery package from the FTP server provided by your Genesys representative. The name of the delivery package includes a version number in the format IP_BDS_PRR_v<release>_dockerlinux.tar.gz, for example IP_BDS_PRR_v0.0.1304.18_dockerlinux.tar.gz.
- Transfer the delivery package (archive) contents to the target host.
- Ensure that the current directory is the home directory of the application user (the non-root local user that has access to Docker and is used to run the BDS container).
- Execute the following command to create the installation directory:
- Execute the following command to unpack the contents of the archive to the cloudbilling-prem directory:
tar xzvf IP_BDS_PRR_v<release>_dockerlinux.tar.gz -C cloudbilling-prem/tmp/cloudbilling_scripts_0.0.1304.11.tar
- where <release> is the release number, for example IP_BDS_PRR_v0.0.1304.18_dockerlinux.tar.gz.
- Execute the following command to navigate to the devbox directory:
- Enter the following command to confirm that the deploy_prem.script script is present in the folder:
- Execute the deployment script:
- The script performs the following actions:
- Creates the ~/cloudbilling-prem.local directory structure, if it does not exist.
- Adds a new image to the local Docker.
- Unpacks bundled generic templates to the ~/cloudbilling-prem.local/templates/ folder, overwriting existing files (this does not affect the tenant templates).
- Adds default config files to the ~/cloudbilling-prem.local/etc/ folder, if they do not exist.
- Assigns a prem tag to the latest uploaded image. This tag defines the particular image that is used to run the application.
- Creates a startup link ~/cloudbilling-prem.sh that is used for further interaction with BDS.
- Execute the following command to check the uploaded images:
docker images | egrep ''^cloudbilling/scripts''
- Images are assigned an ID, for example, C8f2807d883b, as shown in the following figure:
- Any images from previous installations are also displayed.
- Execute the following command to start the application and log in as a vagrant user:
- Errors sometimes appear at this point, but do not affect the installation, so you can ignore them.
In release 9.0.000.22 and later, if you require Oracle support, follow the steps in Install Oracle support
Procedure: Install Oracle support
Purpose: In release 9.0.000.22 and later, use the steps in this procedure to optionally install Oracle support. In earlier releases, Oracle support was installed automatically in all deployments.
- From the Oracle web site, download the following files:
- Rename the downloaded files, as follows:
- Rename instantclient-basic-linux.x64-188.8.131.52.0.zip as instantclient-basic-linux.x64.zip.
- Rename instantclient-odbc-linux.x64-184.108.40.206.0.zip as instantclient-odbc-linux.x64.zip.
- Copy both files to the target host's local ./etc directory.
- For example ~/cloudbilling-prem.local/etc/
- Start BDS.
Complete the steps on the following pages:
This page was last modified on April 12, 2019, at 13:23.